Apply for Mastercard Foundation Grants -Social & Entrepreneurship Fund 2019 to stand a chance of winning $10,000
Deadline: March 18, 2019
Mastercard Foundation Grants in partnership with AIMS-NEI launched the MCF Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Fund (MCF – SIEF) 2019 which is aimed at improving the knowledge and skills of AIMS Mastercard Foundation scholars and alumni and giving them a boost to generate and implement innovative & creative solutions to social challenges.
Successful Participants will collaborate and create inspirational entrepreneurial projects that contribute to improving their lives and that of others. These projects would be in one of the following areas.
- Improving existing livelihoods
- Enabling diversification of income
- Creating Jobs.
- $10,000 for the winning solutions
- Mentorship support for winning solutions
- Certificate of completion for all participants.
- Opportunity to collaborate with other Mastercard Foundation Scholars and Alumni
- Training sessions: 6 training sessions to be delivered on a weekly basis. The sessions will last approximately 3 hours and will be delivered on the side of classroom hours (during weekdays and/or Saturdays).
- Individual work: Besides attending the sessions, participants are encouraged to dedicate at least 2 hours per week to further work on their project ideas.
- Final challenge: At the end of the program, participants will present their solution at the Final Challenge, which will look for the best project ideas with demonstrable viability.
- Seed funding & Mentorship: Winning solutions will receive seed funding grants and further mentorship support over the course of two months.
- Open to AIMS Mastercard Foundation Scholars, Alumni and other AIMS students based in Rwanda who are interested in being catalysers of socio-economic transformation.
- Applicants can apply as individuals or in teams of 2-3 people. At least one individual (preferably the one assuming the position of team leader) per application should be a Mastercard Foundation Scholar or Alumni;
- Applicants can apply to the program with OR without an existing solution idea.
- Applicants who do not have an existing idea but are passionate and committed to solving a social challenge can generate a new idea as they go through the program.
- Applicants that already have an existing solution idea in mind should be flexible to adapt it as they go through the program’s facilitated process of innovation.
- All applicants must be able to attend all training sessions and dedicate time additionally to continue developing their solution ideas
How To Apply
Apply As an Individual: Click here
Apply As a Team: Click here