Application Deadline: Wednesday, 16 May 2018 at 12:00
Do you have a dream of becoming an entrepreneur? Do you have a creative idea to stop unemployment in the society?
The #YouthStartCT Challenge# Provides entrepreneurs aged from 18 to 35 to achieve their dream. the competition contribute to business skills development, innovation and the growth of entrepreneurs in Cape Town.
The winners will partner with the City of Cape Town on projects that provide sustainable employment opportunities for job seekers
Eligibility and requirements
- Only South African citizens are allow to Apply for competition
- participants must be aged between 18–35 years old. Proof of identity and age will be required.
How it works
- Contestants present their business ideas in their entries. All entries received will be reviewed according to criteria.
- The top 100 entries will be offered 10 weeks of after-hours mentoring in Cape Town, after which 20 finalists will be selected for the playoffs.
The top 20 are offered further mentoring with the top three winners being announced at a gala event.
How To Apply
- Come up with an innovative idea for creating employment in your community.
- Optional: make a short video explaining your idea and upload it to a public video platform e.g.YouTube.com
- Don’t forget to include the URL in your entry form.
- Complete the YouthStartCT entry form; either
online or collect and complete your form at selected City libraries.