May 19th, 2018
AstraZeneca is all about providing positive impact in local communities to address local health issues affecting the locals with focus on non-communicable diseases like diabetes, cancer, heart issues, etc. we address this issues in partnerships with youths to combat such diseases. Research shows that non communicable diseases are associated withearly consumption of harmful use of the following substances like alcohol, tobacco and unhealthy diets.
Through Our Young Health Programme (YHP), we aim to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life.
But YHP is not just about health education and promotion. We work with NCD Child, Rise Up Together and Plan International UK to put adolescent health on the healthcare agenda. We invest in research to generate new evidence that fills the gaps in our knowledge about adolescent health and risk behavior activity. And most importantly, we work to provide youth with a voice. Youth are at the core of everything we do. Young people have a powerful voice in identifying their own health needs as well as planning and delivering solutions. As Alyssa Frampton, YHP Youth Ambassador and One Young World Ambassador says, health cannot be “about us, without us.”
We are proud to provide charitable support to One Young World to engage more youth in our efforts to address the issue of adolescent health and disease prevention. We are collaborating with One Young World to offer ten scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands.
- AstraZeneca are looking for young people btw (18 – 30) who work for or are involved with a non-governmental organisation, social enterprise, community based organization, or who are individuals making an impact through advocacy activities or direct programming related to adolescent health.
- Applicants Must Possess Leadership Ability, Capacity for Innovation, concern for global and local issus, ability to generate impactful ideas and ability to work with a group towards a common goal.
- The successful scholars will join ten other YHP delegates who are already involved with the programme, as peer educators, advocates, NGO partners or community youth leaders.
- In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in The Hague.
Benefits Of Scholarship
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 and 20 (inclusive) October, 2017
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Access to Young Health Programme pre-Summit workshop
- Discretionary funds to provide for reasonable out of pocket expenses related to travel to and from The Hague.
How to Apply & More Information
Visit the Official Website