Apply For Aryeh Neier Fellowship Open Society 2019 – 2020 Edition. Also known as the Justice Initiative Fellowship Program 2019 is a Full-Time, Two-Year program that offers practical human rights advocac experience to it’s fellows. It provides an opportunity for lawyers and advocates to expand their knowledge horizon in broad areas while integrating them in a global justice initiative team
Fellows Would Work in the following areas
- Criminal Justice, Equality & Inclusion, and
- Rule of Law
- Liberty and Transparency
Fellows would conduct research in justice-related issues; draft reports, advocacy memos, blogs, legal briefs and other written products; monitor developments at trials and other legal proceedings, and engage legal, jurisprudential, legislative and governance developments worldwide; liaise with civil society and other justice advocates to promote Justice Initiative objectives; and help to develop and executive evidence-based advocacy strategies.
- The Justice Initiative provides a competitive financial award and benefits package for the duration of the fellowship.
- University degree in Law or an LL.M or M.A. in Human Rights; graduate degrees in related fields (e.g. economics, politics and statistics) may be considered.
- A maximum of five years practical experience in the human rights field.
- Demonstrated accomplishment in legal analysis, legal research and writing, litigation, and/or relevant advocacy.
For the January 2020 – December 2021 fellowship class, a fellow would be selected based in each of the Initiative’s three principal offices: Berlin (Germany), London (United Kingdom), and New York (United States). Applicants must apply to the location in which they wish to be based.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A statement of purpose of no more than two pages detailing (a) the applicant’s interest and experience in human rights, generally, and the Aryeh Neier fellowship, specifically, (b) the specific thematic area(s) in which the applicant is interested, and (c) the reasons for their interest in that particular area and how the applicant intends to contribute to those fields
- Curriculum Vitae
Please note, all application materials must be submitted as one single PDF document. We are unable to receive additional documents via email.