African palliative care association are offering the opportunity to African graduates which have the dream to further but can’t due to financial reasons to get their MSc and PhD.
The scholarships for these courses will allow students to gain essential qualifications, skills and experience that can be applied to local healthcare settings and to meet palliative care needs in Africa.
The MSc in Palliative Care is open to doctors, nurses, and health and social care professionals, working with patients with advanced disease, or relevant health or social scientists who have an upper second honours degree or equivalent.
To apply for the Scholarship , you must fulfil all the criteria below:
- You must have a degree in medicine, nursing or denistry, or a 2.1 degree or equivalent in life sciences or social sciences awarded by a UK or recognised overseas university
- You must be able to demonstrate experience of working in palliative care or palliative medicine clinical or social care, or palliative care research.
- You must have an interest in conducting research in Advanced Care Planning and be willing to conduct your research project in this area, which you will be supported in publishing.
How to apply:
- Please send the following documents:
Your CV (maximum 2 pages)
- A letter of support from your current employer.
- Personal statement (maximum 800 words) in support of your application, explaining your reasons for applying,
- what you hope to gain from the MSc, your ability to complete the programme of study, and your interest in Advanced Care planning
MSc candidates must also apply online here:
(If you do not apply online, your application for the scholarship will be rejected).
Application Deadline :16th of September
Please send these documents by email to:
Tel: +44 207 848 5435
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday 14th September 2018.If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview which will take place in October 2018.